Elcometer 280 Pulsed DC Holiday Detector
$4,661.61 – $6,841.34
elcometer pinhole porosity Data Sheet
The Elcometer 280 is a ‘stick type’ holiday detector which has been designed to make pulsed DC high voltage holiday detection safer, easier and more reliable than ever before.
Using state of the art electronics, the Elcometer 280 allows users to inspect coatings – without connecting the earth return lead to the component substrate – ideal for inspecting large surfaces and pipelines.
- Flashing display, bright LED and a user adjustable volume alarm indicates detection of a holiday
- 0.5 – 35kV range (user selectable) for detecting porosity in coatings up to 25mm (1″) thick
- Safety trigger integrated inside the handle cuts power if released
- Rugged, shock proof and water resistant design to ensure long life – even in harsh environments
- Balanced, ergonomic design, complete with shoulder strap allows long periods of continuous use
- A wide range of interchangeable probe accessories available – compatible with all Elcometer holiday detectors – please order as a separate item.
- Ideal for testing clean, damp, dirty or slightly conductive coatings
- Voltage calculator automatically sets the correct voltage from your coating thickness value
- Internal jeep tester ensures that the selected voltage equals the test voltage
- The Elcometer 280 uses the high voltage pulsed DC technique to detect holidays in coatings – even if the coating is damp, dirty or slightly conductive.
- From the two stage safety switch, bright LED’s and screen icons signifying when the high voltage is on, to the extended ribbing to protect the user from spark creep, the Elcometer 280 sets the standard for high voltage measurement safety.
- Using the wide range of probe accessories users can detect porosity / holidays in coatings up to 25mm (1″) thick.
- Rugged, shockproof and water resistant, each unit is designed for use even in the harshest of environments